D2: Papakura City earn first win

Second half goals for Christopher Clark and Jake Paige hand Papakura City their first win of the season in a 3-1 win over South Auckland rivals Papatoetoe AFC at McLennan Park.

Jamie Clark had earlier opened the scoring for Jill Fromont’s team but an equaliser by Erib Yousif just before the half hour mark ensured City and Papatoetoe AFC went in level at the halftime break.

That allowed Christopher Clark and Paige to make their impact as City climb to sixth.

In Rotorua, Te Atatu were too sharp for Ngongotaha running out 3-0 winners courtesy of second half strikes for Conner Watts, Rhys Caples and Mene Fakasega. Te Atatu goalkeeper Eddie Trubshoe distinguished himself with a second half penalty save in what was an eye-catching performance by the veteran.

Claudelands Rovers proved they will be no pushover this season after they grabbed a 1-1 draw at Centre Park with Mangere United. Michael Kapa scored after just three minutes for Rovers but it took a late equaliser by former Samoa international and OFC Champions League veteran Andrew Setefano to salvage a draw.

Northland FC continued their spirited start to the season as they held Albany United to a 2-2 draw at Tikipunga Park in Whangarei. Jack Hadfield gave the visitors the lead on the quarter-hour mark to give United a 1-0 lead at the break but Jordan Rudman equalised midway through the second half. Andy Turner restored United’s lead four minutes later only for Rudman to equalise for the second time on the day.

The Waiheke United travelling army were once again the highlight in the Lotto NRFL Second Division but their winning run came to an end when they were held 1-1 by Fencibles United. Aleso Villisana opened the scoring for Waiheke United after 14 minutes but Sean Latimer levelled on the half hour as the spoils were shared equally between the two teams in first and second.

In action tomorrow are Takapuna AFC who host Onehunga Mangere United at Taharoto Park. The match kicks off at 3pm.


Lotto NRFL Men’s Second Division

Saturday 8 April, 2017

Ngongotaha AFC 0
Te Atatu 3 (Conner Watts 60′, Rhys Caples 53′, Mene Fakasega 63′)
HT: 0-0
Penalty saved by Eddie Trubshoe (TAT) 76 mins

Mangere United 1 (Andrew Setafano 78′)
Claudelands Rovers 1 (Michael Kapa 3′)
HT: 0-1

Northland FC 2 (Jordan Rudman 69′, 81′)
Albany United 2 (Jack Hadfield 15′, Andy Turner 73′)
HT: 0-1

Papakura City 3 (Jamie Clark 9′, Jake Paige 46′, Christopher Clark 69′)
Papatoetoe AFC 1 (Erib Yousif 28′)
HT: 1-1

Fencibles United 1 (Sean Latimer 29′)
Waiheke United 1 (Aleso Villisana 14′)
HT: 1-1

Takapuna AFC
Onehunga Mangere United
Match scheduled for Sunday 9 April