NRFL Statement – Update

NRFL Statement Update – September 2nd 2018

The Lotto NRFL Men’s Division 1 match between Forrest Hill Milford United AFC and North Shore United played on Saturday 1 September at Becroft Park, Milford was abandoned in the 72nd minute due to spectator encroachment onto the field of play.

Auckland Football is awaiting receipt of the appropriate reports from match officials and the clubs involved.

Once those reports are received the Competitions Manager will make a determination regarding the status of the match and whether or not the matter will be passed on to our Disciplinary Committee for further review

NRFL Statement Update – 31st August 2018

As a result of further investigation into the abandoned Lotto NRFL Men’s Premier League match on Wednesday 29 August between Three Kings United and Manukau United at McLennan Park, Papakura the Competitions Manager has made the following determinations:

  • The match result has been provisionally awarded as a 3-2 victory to Manukau United, the score standing at the time of the abandonment in the 84th minute
  • Following further investigation into the incidents which led to the abandonment of the match, all related information is being collated and will be passed to the competition Disciplinary Committee. A disciplinary hearing will be conducted in due course which will determine appropriate sanctions within the bounds of the Lotto NRFL competition regulations, the NZ Football Disciplinary Code and the NZ Football Code of Conduct.

30th August 2018

The Lotto NRFL Men’s Premier League match between Three Kings United and Manukau United played on Wednesday 29 August at McLennan Park, Papakura was abandoned in the 84th minute due to fighting among players and spectators.

NRFL competitions manager Terry Hobin attended the match and said it had to be abandoned due to safety concerns.

“Both the referee and myself felt that their safety was compromised because a confrontation has broken out between the players that have been sent off and some spectators.”

Auckland Football Federation have begun investigation via the disciplinary process for the competition.

“There is a process to go through now,” Hobin said.

“Once we get the referee’s report and some other information we’ve requested, we will make a decision on Friday on whether the result stands and what other action will be taken, including referral to the Disciplinary Committee.”


For further media enquiries, contact AFF/NRFL Communications Manager, Mark Casson.

AFF/NRFL Communications Manager
Mark Casson
M: 021 759 430